Thursday, July 30, 2015

"Objects in mirror are closer than they appear"

I write because... I can. There are many people who are talented in speaking and people listen to you because you have a gift. I write because I lack the gift of speech but I have the gift of writing.

All of you who are following me on this journey know that I am being evicted. I have nothing to hide in this truth. I did not expect that my written words would cause me to be punished by my landlord. His words, "I read what you wrote on your GoFundMe post. Since you are so miserable in the house, I have been holding on to a certified letter that states I do not have to allow you the thirty days and can ask that you get your stuff and leave the house in three days."

I posted my situation on my GoFundMe page as an update. I have also posted this situation to my community sell site page because I am trying to sell all of my stuff to raise enough money to move. I feel helpless because I am not in the house. I do not have the keys to the house they are with the EPA people and because of the heat wave, I have been given the room for a few days until things cooled down. I am grateful to be in an air conditioned room but I am concerned for my things. I am concerned about what happens next. I spoke with a local police officer who informed me that my landlord had also called... I guess we are all searching for resolution. I was advised to go to the local city court and find out about my rights as a tenant in this unfortunate situation.

We are human beings. We believe in treating people in the same manner in which we would like to be treated. Writing about my experiences is painful but I share them with all of you because I realize that there are some people who are not able to write and have been through similar situations. I write because I can and I write in honor of those people who cannot.

Thank you for following along on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment